Friday 2 October 2009

Favorite masterpiece.





Stonehenge.

Most of people call masterpiece to such known pieces of art like paintings or sculptures. I reckon that masterpieces are way more important that those kind of things for that reason I chose Stonehenge as my favourite piece of art. It's different from other prehistoric monuments and for me it has a very special meaning, I don't know why, though.

Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument. Archeological excavation have indicated that the oldest part of its monument dated from 31,000 BC! It is believed that people from different civilizations used to travel there in order to do some rituals. It is also confirmed that this monument was a burial in its beginning

I think I love this piece of art, because it seems so different to all of the other monuments that are perfect in arquitectonic terms and it is so randomly made. It also brings me hope and happyness. It's so weird when it comes to talk about this masterpiece that I can't even find the words to describe what I feel realted to such prehistoric monument.

1 comment:

  1. haha
    thanks for your post!
    Anyway, as I said to your friend, you don't know me, so . . .

    don't you think, a good teacher should not have prejudices?
    well, the idea is to be nice, but you can't get it!

    thanks :D

    ReplyDelete